We ask for this information so that we can contact
you with questions about the event, if necessary.
We will not display any of your information on our site.
1. Events must be from non-profit organizations.
2. Events must have cultural appeal. No bingo nights, yard sales, auctions, spaghetti dinners, etc., even if these events benefit a non-profit. Note: These types of events will be allowed only if they are not the main focus of the event. (Example: your organization is presenting a folk music concert with a silent auction after the performance. This event would be allowed because the concert is the focus of the event.)
3. Events must take place within the WMRA listening area.
4. Events may not promote any religious organization or affiliation. Churches and other religious institutions may be the venue for an event, as long as the event itself does not promote any religious affiliation. Note: Because they can feature a broad range of music, Holiday Concerts ARE allowed.
5. Club meetings are allowed, as long as they are open to the public.
6. For recurring events or event series, please submit only ONE event. Under Event Start Time, check the box that says “This is a recurring event.” Note: If your event recurs at different venues, you may submit a separate event for each venue.
7. Limit your event description to 1-2 short paragraphs. Please avoid including repeat information in the description field, and avoid using ALL CAPS.
8. Please provide a complete physical address for the event venue. Do not use a PO Box. Incorrect city names or ZIP codes may result in our system rejecting your event.
On-Air Mention of Your Event:
1. All on-air notices are taken from the Events Calendar. To ensure your event will be read, please submit no later than 10 days in advance, and ensure your event meets the above criteria.
2. On-air mentions include the following information: a brief description of the event, date, and location. We cannot mention ticket pricing, contact info, or include any fundraising language (i.e., “proceeds will benefit…”). However, these are allowed on the Events Calendar.
3. The WMRA announcers decide when and how often events are read. You may request that your event be read on certain days, but we cannot guarantee specific times or day parts.
For event detail changes, troubleshooting, or more information, please email Matt Bingay (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include "Events Calendar" in the Subject line.
Back to top