Update: As of 4/18/16, WMRA's trip package is SOLD OUT.
WMRA is once again heading to Wolf Trap on Saturday, May 28, for a live broadcast performance of A Prairie Home Companion.
This will be Garrison Keillor’s final live appearance at Wolf Trap before his retirement at the end of the season. This could be your last chance to see Garrison Keillor himself deliver the "News from Lake Wobegon." In addition, the show will feature classic comedy sketches (such as a possible "Guy Noir" appearance) and music by special guests Heather Masse, Chris Thile, and Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks.
WMRA’s all-inclusive travel package is $180 per person. The price includes:
- Tickets in the lower orchestra section, rows L-O. (See seating chart.)
- Bus transportation to and from Wolf Trap
- Lunch at Maggiano’s Little Italy in McLean
The pavilion for this performance is already sold out to the general public! These are the only tickets still available under the pavilion, and reservations are limited!
To reserve your ticket, please call Meghann McCoy at (540) 568-7897 during WMRA’s regular business hours, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. WMRA's trip package is currently sold out. We accept payments by credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, or Discover) or personal check. If you call outside of regular business hours, please do not leave your credit/debit card number in a voicemail message. Instead, leave your name, phone number, and the best time(s) to contact you to make your payment. If paying by check, mail to:
Attn: APHC Trip
983 Reservoir Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
All reservations must be paid in full by Friday, May 13th. Check payments must be postmarked on or before this date.
- Travel: Leave the driving to us! We’ll be traveling by a tour bus provided by James Madison University. The bus features comfortable seats and an on-board restroom. WMRA’s Al Bartholet will be your host for the trip. There will be three pickup locations in Harrisonburg, Waynesboro, and Charlottesville. See the itinerary below for specific times and locations.
- Lunch: We’re returning to Maggiano’s Little Italy in McLean. The meal will be served family-style in the banquet room. Alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase, but are not included in the cost of WMRA’s travel package. Maggiano’s can accommodate special dietary needs upon request.
- Detailed itinerary:
- 10:45am – pickup in Harrisonburg @ JMU Convocation Center
- 11:45am* – pickup in Waynesboro @ Town Center, near Kohl’s
- 12:45pm* – pickup in Charlottesville @ Fashion Square, South end
- 2:00pm* – arrive at Maggiano’s
- 4:45pm – depart Maggiano’s for Wolf Trap
- 5:45pm – APHC performance begins
- 8:00pm – APHC performance ends
- 10:15pm* – return to Charlottesville
- 11:15pm* – return to Waynesboro
- 12:15am* – return to Harrisonburg
*Exact times will depend on traffic conditions.